Hey, SiteFinder is back, again...

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Mon Nov 5 22:46:27 UTC 2007

On Nov 5, 2007, at 2:13 PM, Bora Akyol wrote:
> Do common endpoints (Windows Vista/XP, MacOS X 10.4/5) support DNSSEC
> Validation? If not, then do people have a choice?

Yes and no.

If you run your own caching server and that caching server supports
DNSSEC and you enable DNSSEC and set up/maintain the trust anchors,
then yes.

So yes, pedantically speaking, there is a choice.  Pragmatically
speaking, I doubt this is really an option for any but the geekiest
and/or terminally paranoid.  Even the first bit of the previous "if"
statement is probably beyond most...

Regards,
-drc

P.S. From experience, running your own caching server can result in
problems when connecting via T-Mobile hotspot and some hotel
authentication abominations... (sigh).