BGP Peering and Prefix filterin Question

Jim McBurnett jim at tgasolutions.com
Sun Nov 4 22:34:10 UTC 2007

Well,
You are correct on the translation---
Finally heard back from all players.
And someone "properly" summarized the prefixes.
Initially they were sent as 4 /24's due to data center disparity and a route policy.
But in the end someone at the 1st upstream summarized the routes to their upstreams.
And when the 1st upstream realized they should not be summarizing and changed that- their upstreams blocked the traffic.

Go figure..

Thanks for the input guys!

Jim