Hey, SiteFinder is back, again...

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Sun Nov 4 16:52:11 UTC 2007

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007, Christopher Morrow wrote:
> http://www.irbs.net/internet/nanog/0607/0139.html
>
> oops, I was right (kinda).

I don't think we're going to put the genie back in the bottle, despite
the best efforts of some IETFers.

I just wish the IETF would acknowledge this and go ahead and define a
DNS bit for artificial DNS answers for all these "address correction" and
"domain parking" and "domain tasting" people to use for their keen
"Web 2.0" ideas.

And for all the other non-Web protocols which get confused, can treat
that artificially generated crap/answers like NXDOMAIN.  Yes, I know
it sounds like the evil bit; but if these folks are so convinced people
really want this crap/address correction...