AS-level connectivity survey

Ricardo V. Oliveira rveloso at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Nov 6 09:36:44 UTC 2007

Hi,

We are doing a survey as a part of an academic research on inter-AS
connectivity, namely assessing how many AS-level links are missing
from that inferred from public sources such as BGP tables.  If you
could participate in this survey, it will be greatly appreciated.
All data will be anonymized in any kind of use, including the survey
report.

If you would like to participate, could you please send me a message
offline with information bellow?

For each ASN in your network:
* Type of network (transit/content/eyeball/research)
*  Total number of neighbor ASes (e.g. if AS A and AS B have multiple
eBGP sessions, it will count only once).
* Number of peers (versus customers)
* Number of peers that peer at IXPs?
* Which IXPs do you have presence

Plus any comments you'd like to make about inter-AS connectivity, and
feel free to give a partial answer.

We have condensed the BGP-derived AS-level connectivity information
in the following website:
http://irl.cs.ucla.edu/topology/survey
Which you can use to check how accurate is the "public view" of your
network connectivity.

Thanks!

--Ricardo