IPv6 Training?

William B. Norton bill.norton at gmail.com
Thu May 31 21:32:11 UTC 2007

My .02 - I *really* liked Jordi's hands-on ipv6 tutorial at the nanog 35 in
Los Angeles. There are some suggestions on improving it in the survey forms:

http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0510/surveys/

which shows that folks care enough to want to add stuff in. I think we
should try and get the same thing going again. Maybe we should add some
additional ipv6-only network resources to access after basic ipv6
connectivity and keep it set up for the meeting. I love the idea of the
nanog net doubling as an ipv6 play area for those of us who otherwise don't
have the time to set up and muck with this stuff.

I bet if we allocate Sunday morning or afternoon time to another free ipv6
hands on tutorial folks would participate.

Bill

On 5/31/07, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet at consulintel.es> wrote:

> We also organize frequently non-for-profit IPv6 workshops at different
> venues, including ARIN meetings and also dedicated workshops for customers
> all around the world where there is a demand for it.
>
> Regards,
> Jordi
>

> > De: "William F. Maton Sotomayor" <wmaton at ryouko.imsb.nrc.ca>
> > Responder a: <wmaton at ryouko.imsb.nrc.ca>
> > Fecha: Thu, 31 May 2007 12:47:37 -0400 (EDT)
> > Para: Alex Rubenstein <alex at corp.nac.net>
> > CC: NANOG <nanog at merit.edu>
> > Asunto: Re: IPv6 Training?
> >

> > On Thu, 31 May 2007, Alex Rubenstein wrote:
> >
> >> Does anyone know of any good IPv6 training resources (classroom, or
> >> self-guided)? Looking to send several 1st and 2nd tier guys, for some
> >> platform/vendor-agnostic training.
> >
> > Internet2 people have been running workshops on multicast and IPv6
> > separately.
> >

> >> Any clues?
> >>
> >> Thanks..
> >>
> >> --
> >> Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex at nac.net, latency, Al Reuben
> >> Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net
> >>

> > wfms

> The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org
>
> Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !
> http://www.ipv6day.org
>
> This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or
> confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the
> individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware
> that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
> information, including attached files, is prohibited.

// William B. Norton <wbn at equinix.com>
// Co-Founder and Chief Technical Liaison, Equinix
// GSM Mobile: 650-315-8635
// Skype, Y!IM: williambnorton