IPv6 Advertisements

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Thu May 31 17:29:28 UTC 2007

Thus spake "Stephen Sprunk" <stephen at sprunk.org>
> Someone recently posted a link (either on PPML or here -- I can't find it
> now) that showed ARIN's minima for the various v4 and v6 blocks.  The v4
> ones were all over the map, but there are relatively few v6 blocks and all
> of them are /32 except for one that's /48.

This is the page I was thinking of:

http://www.arin.net/reference/ip_blocks.html

The v6 list doesn't show explicit minima like the v4 list, but it's /32 for
non-micro allocations (the block for which, unfortunately, isn't noted on
this page) and /48 for direct assignments under current policy.

Stephen Sprunk      "Those people who think they know everything
CCIE #3723         are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
K5SSS                                             --Isaac Asimov