IPv6 Advertisements

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Thu May 31 17:14:16 UTC 2007

On 31-mei-2007, at 15:45, Stephen Sprunk wrote:

> The general rule, for both v4 and v6, is that people should filter
> on whatever the minimum allocation/assignment size for each RIR block.

Did someone take the trouble to tell RIPE that?

193/8     /29
194/7     /29

That allows for 6291456 prefixes when fully deaggregated.

> Someone recently posted a link (either on PPML or here -- I can't
> find it now) that showed ARIN's minima for the various v4 and v6
> blocks.

[ALLOCSIZE-APNIC] APNIC, "Allocation sizes within APNIC IPv4 address
                   ranges", http://www.apnic.net/db/min-alloc.html

[ALLOCSIZE-LACNIC] LACNIC, "LACNIC - Registration Services",
                    http://lacnic.net/en/registro/index.html

[ALLOCSIZE-RIPE] L. Vegoda, "RIPE-380 Address Space Managed by the RIPE
                  NCC", June 2006,
https://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ripe-ncc-managed-address-space.html

[ARIN-MICRO] ARIN, "ARIN Micro-allocations",
              http://www.arin.net/reference/micro_allocations.html