Microsoft and Teredo

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Thu May 31 12:58:15 UTC 2007

In windows, you have IPv6 firewall, so even if Teredo traverses the "IPv4
security", there is still something there.

A good description of all this is available at:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/ipv6/teredo.mspx

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Adrian Chadd <adrian at creative.net.au>
> Responder a: <owner-nanog at merit.edu>
> Fecha: Thu, 31 May 2007 19:41:48 +0800
> Para: Sean Siler <Sean.Siler at microsoft.com>
> CC: Nathan Ward <nanog at daork.net>, Nanog <nanog at nanog.org>
> Asunto: Re: Microsoft and Teredo
>

> On Thu, May 31, 2007, Sean Siler wrote:
>>
>> Nathan,
>>
>> While these are really good questions, I'm afraid I don't have really good
>> answers to them yet.  We haven't made the bits available for customers to
>> install their own Teredo Servers/Relays at this point, and because we
>> haven't, we also don't have good deployment guidance to go along with that.
>>
>> I have my own feelings, but let me ask this: what do you all feel about
>> installing a Teredo server in order to provide v6 connectivity to your
>> clients? Is this something that you are really interested in?
>
> I'd prefer to throw IPv6 network ranges at customer links, so they can have
> "other" devices on IPv6. IPv6 isn't just for desktops.
>
> How's Teredo servers tie into network security? Does the act of tunneling
> from v4 to a v6 broker bypass firewalls, IDSes, etc?
>

> Adrian

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !
http://www.ipv6day.org