Microsoft and Teredo

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Wed May 30 22:52:36 UTC 2007

Hi Nathan,

I can probably talk about our own experience ...

We started running Teredo Server+Relay in the Windows 2003 implementation
around 3-4 years ago (not completely sure right now). Unfortunately, when
the Service Pack (SP1 I think) was released, stopped working.

Until then it was working perfectly, not any issue.

Then we moved to a Linux with Miredo, and it has been working since them,
first with the 6Bone prefix from Microsoft, then on 6/6/2006, we moved to
the RFC one, 2001::/32.

No issues at all.

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Nathan Ward <nanog at daork.net>
> Responder a: <owner-nanog at merit.edu>
> Fecha: Thu, 31 May 2007 10:44:10 +1200
> Para: Nanog <nanog at nanog.org>
> Asunto: Re: Microsoft and Teredo
>

> On 31/05/2007, at 5:40 AM, Sean Siler wrote:
>> I understand some questions recently arose regarding Microsoft and
>> Teredo. I tried reading through the archives but it has more twists
>> that Pacific Coast Highway.
>>

>> Are there some specific requests/questions that I can help with?
> Probably, yeah.
>
>  From another post my Michael Dillon:
>
>> Since we are all collectively playing catchup at this point, it
>> would be
>> very useful for some clear guidance on who needs to deploy Teredo and
>> 6to4 and where it needs to be deployed. Also, the benefits of
>> deployment
>> versus the problems caused by not having it. Should this be in
>> every PoP
>> or just somewhere on your network? Are there things that can be
>> measured
>> to tell you whether or not lack of Teredo/6to4 is causing user
>> problems?
>
> Maybe you can provide operational experience from running the Teredo
> servers and relays that Microsoft host? Do you host them just at
> Microsoft or do you also have some inside ISPs? Have you done any
> work to help/advise on deploying Teredo servers/relays in to ISPs?
> Any learnings from that that you can share? What about corporate
> networks?
> That oughta get you started :-)
>
> --
> Nathan Ward