dual-stack [was: NANOG 40 agenda posted]

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Wed May 30 19:48:01 UTC 2007

On May 30, 2007, at 3:40 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

>> This is a grand game of chicken. The ISPs are refusing to move
>> first due to
>> lack of content
>
> pure bs.  most significant backbones are dual stack.  you are the
> chicken, claiming the sky is falling.

I guess we have different definitions for "most significant
backbones".  Unless you mean they have a dual-stack router running
_somewhere_, say, for instance, at a single IX or a lab LAN or
something.  Which is not particularly useful if we are talking about
a "significant backbone".

That said, I certainly don't think content is doing well either.  Nor
am I trying to say which is at fault.  In fact, not even sure I care
who is at fault, if fault can even be apportioned.

--
TTFN,
patrick

P.S. Don't suppose people could change the subject when, well, the
subject changes?