NANOG 40 agenda posted

Perry Lorier perry at coders.net
Tue May 29 23:33:49 UTC 2007

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
> This is useless. Users need to use the same name for both IPv4 and IPv6,
> they should not notice it.
>
> And if there are issues (my experience is not that one), we need to know
> them ASAP. Any transition means some pain, but as sooner as we start, sooner
> we can sort it out, if required.

In the past we've used "www6" for v6 only, "www4" for v4 only, and "www"
has both v6 and v4.  This means people can verify their v6 connectivity
by visiting www6, or they can avoid v6 if they have local problems by
using www4 (since the site contains information on setting
up/troubleshooting v6 it's possible they can't get to it via v6), but if
they don't know/care they end up on "www" which gives them whatever
their software thinks it can support.