NANOG 40 agenda posted

Donald Stahl don at calis.blacksun.org
Tue May 29 16:53:53 UTC 2007

> and this means getting a good story in front of bean-counters about
> expending opex/capex to do this transition work. Today the simplest answer
> is: "if we expend Z dollars on new equipment, and A dollars on IT work we
> will be able to capture X number of users for Y new service" or some
> version of that story.
IPv6 should simply be a requirement of all new equipment purchases (in
large ISP's this should have been the case for a while now). The bean
counters don't see a cost for new equipmnent just to run IPv6- they see
the normal costs to upgrade older equipment. At least that's the way I'm
doing my upgrades.

-Don