NANOG 40 agenda posted

Donald Stahl don at calis.blacksun.org
Tue May 29 14:31:39 UTC 2007

> This is useless. Users need to use the same name for both IPv4 and IPv6,
> they should not notice it.
It is not useless- I am specificallyt talking about setting it up
initially so that technically capable people can use and test the
infrastructure without breaking anything for those people on v4 that have
misconfigured v6 tunnels and the like (something that is not at all
uncommon with Vista). If you just turn on AAAA records for www.google.com
right now, lots of people will end up being unable to connect to
www.google.com because of a broken tunnel- and right now ISP's are not
primed to help their customers fix the problem.

> And if there are issues (my experience is not that one), we need to know
> them ASAP. Any transition means some pain, but as sooner as we start, sooner
> we can sort it out, if required.
Agreed.

-Don