NANOG 40 agenda posted

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Sat May 26 20:21:34 UTC 2007

Joel Jaeggli wrote:
[..]
> I would vastly prefer to here people talk about what they are doing
> rather that hear the same set of usual suspects talk about "what we
> should be doing". The later is tiresome and we have a decade worth of
> examples of it to pick through.

Well, what I described is what I already did quite some time ago, just
very briefly summarizing what it takes to get there.

The folks who already started or are already done deploying IPv6 are not
the ones who need the attention. The ones who haven't yet though, now
they are the ones who need to quickly still step over all the hurdles so
they get back on track.

=46rom a network operators point of view, IPv6 is just like IPv4, it work=
and it has it problems and you need the expertise and experience to know
how to resolve those. Nothing more nothing less, except that the
addresses are a bit longer...

See that all, like the rest of NANOG, as helping out fellow colleagues;
one could of course also simply say: they didn't bother for the last
couple of years, so why should the rest of us care about them? From a
economic/competition point of view that is actually not even such a bad
idea. Defies a bit what NANOG is about though ;)

Greets,
 Jeroen