Interesting new dns failures

Simon Waters simonw at zynet.net
Fri May 25 15:41:20 UTC 2007

On Friday 25 May 2007 15:40, you wrote:

> It's too late to put the genie back in the bottle. The only way to
> change the policy before the contract term ends is to either move ICANN
> out of US jurisdiction (to brake contract terms) or to organise a
> grass-root uprising to replace ICANNs root with something else.

Since ICANN doesn't contract to all TLD registries, nor do the root server
operators control the CCTLD, there is no way to "fix" this from the top down.
One can at best displace it from those top level domains ICANN does have
contracts for to those that they don't.

Packets and digs can slow my networks. but other people's names can't hurt me.