Google Apps for ISPs?

Martin Hannigan hannigan at world.std.com
Thu May 24 02:46:12 UTC 2007

On 5/18/07, Martin Hannigan <hannigan at world.std.com> wrote:
> Dear Colleagues:
>
> Is anyone utilizing Google Apps for ISP's, specifically their email solution?
>
> If you are, and you are willing to share some experiences, could you please
> followup off-line and I will summarize back to the list later?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Martin Hannigan

I received responses. Not a lot of enthusiasm. One went as far as sending
me some supporting documentation (thanks!)

http://apcmag.com/6138/the_dark_side_of_google_apps_for_isps
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/20/2144211&from=rss

I contacted Google via their stated method and got a communication
that said my email would not be read - after the page said press here
to "contact us". Not encouraging.

Nobody that has used this service for their ISP responded, so I think it's
fair to conclude that it's not getting a lot of interest. I did turn
the service on through an automated process for a domain I had turned
off some years ago.  Seems reliable enough. I immediately received 100
spams.

What other outsourcing services are out there?

 - willing to guarantee compliance with customers jurisdiction, and give first
   jurisdiction non-US, meaning US has no subpoena or search right,
legally, without
   invoking a treaty process

 - willing to provide a black box, on-site, service to insure privacy
   and local compliance?

Best,

-M<