OK - functioning administration of 44.0.0.0/8

Harald Koch chk at pobox.com
Mon May 21 23:57:38 UTC 2007

Neal R wrote:
>   The last time I looked into this there wasn't anything being done with
> the block, but now I see lots of people assigned to do various things -
> should have looked before I said anything, but in 2001 this was totally
> dead, at least in Iowa/Nebraska.

I've had an address for considerably longer than that :)

To answer the original poster: net 44 generally isn't directly routable
to the Internet, because there are severe restrictions on the kind of
traffic that can be carried over ham radio bands. net 44 is intended to
be an internet constructed using radio links. However, there are several
gateways, and net 44 currently uses several tunnels over the Internet
backbones to join geographically separated radio networks. There's a
whole lot of stuff going on there (including some IP addressable
satellites).

--
Harald