RTT from NY to New Delhi?

Gian Constantine constantinegi at corp.earthlink.net
Wed May 16 15:33:15 UTC 2007

Seems pretty damned reasonable to me considering the shortest
distance between these two locations is a little less than 14,000
kilometers. Given the speed of light through glass, a convoluted
fiber path, quite a few O/E - E/O conversions (EDFAs will only get
you so far), and several switches, a 350ms RTT is decent.

Removing the gear and assuming an impossibly direct fiber path, would
still give an RTT of about 140ms.

Gian Anthony Constantine