RTT from NY to New Delhi?

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Wed May 16 14:59:24 UTC 2007

On May 16, 2007, at 10:35 AM, Tim Franklin wrote:

> On Wed, May 16, 2007 2:20 pm, Joe Maimon wrote:
>>
>> What should I expect?
>>
>> I am seeing ~350 from a vendor provided mpls cloud to a site in
>>
>> Sukhrali Chowk, Gurgaon, Haryana, India
>
> Seems not-unreasonable.  I remember getting about 150ms or 250ms from
> London to Gurgaon depending on whether we were on the straight-across
> cable or the round-the-bottom cable.  (Sorry, both my geography and my
> cable-names are hazy).

The best recent data I have is from Bangalore to Tyco Road in
Virginia through VSNL and Cogent.

Here is a sample (this goes through San Jose) :

Mon Mar  5 05:26:21 EST 2007
from Bangalore through the VSNL network
--- 63.105.122.1 ping statistics ---
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 285.495/319.649/395.330/38.576 ms

370 ms seems a little high but not unreasonable.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks