How many others are nullrouting BT?

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Sat May 12 16:02:01 UTC 2007

Matthew Smith wrote:
> What address did BT give you?

221b Baker Street, London

You know, I am normally very against the over-the-top demands that law
enforcement try to place on carriers.  Certainly the non-standard format
for delivery of data that CALCEA requires is a prime example.  But
situations like this, where BT gives US local, US federal and even UK
police the runaround gives me a lot more sympathy for their situation.

I do hope that when the UK police get tired of waiting, that they shut
down everything in BT's data centre and take it all as evidence.  BT
deserves at least that, and frankly a whole lot more.

A local fraud group is trying to determine if anyone whose card was
stolen was a UK citizen so that a lawsuit against BT is possible.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek