HSRP availability in datacenters?

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Fri May 11 20:18:14 UTC 2007

Since you are already deploying redundant hardware, why not just run two
links to the customer? 3550s support simple routing as well as BGP and
this protects your customer from things like your 3550 failing...

And causes less HSRP and other chatter.

I would encourage my competitors to engineer customers on L2 interfaces
with a redundancy protocol on-top all day long.

DJ