How many others are nullrouting BT?

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Fri May 11 19:59:42 UTC 2007

We've long been aware that BT *never* deals with spammers or DoS
attacks that originate from their network, but a new issue has come
to light.  BT has a number of users who are apparently testing out
stolen credit card numbers from their network against stores of all
flavors.

3 months of attempts by US banks, US police departments, FBI, etc to
get any action taken on these issues has gone nowhere.  BT is
"protecting the interests of their users".  Meanwhile the stolen
credit card attempts continue unabated.

We're considering null-routing all BT netblocks.  I'm wondering how
many others have already come to the same conclusion?

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek

Silicon Valley Colocation