ISP CALEA compliance

Donald Stahl don at calis.blacksun.org
Fri May 11 19:09:35 UTC 2007

A _much_ longer version of this was sent privately- but I had to take
public exception to the following comment:

> I'm not surprised that when they are dealing with companies that delete
> all evidence they might need or push as much red tape as possible, that
> the LEA turns around and scrutinizes the company to find where they might
> be in breach of the law.
You are saying it's ok for people in power to be vindictive assholes. You
are saying it is ok to govern through intimidation.

I am both incredulous as well as fearful for the future of our country.

-Don