HSRP availability in datacenters?

Mike Lyon mike.lyon at gmail.com
Fri May 11 18:39:45 UTC 2007

So is the question: you are selling transit to your customers and you
are wondering if you should charge your customer for allowing them to
use your HSRP gateway instead of a physical interface on your router?

Personally, if I saw a provider charging for that service, I would shy
away from them. Only because it tells me they are piece-mealing their
services and are cheap. I would think a good provider would include
that (and/or not sell it WITHOUT HSRP) in their sales offering. If for
the only reason of customer support nightmares. If you have your
customers on HSRP and you have a router go down, you wont have them
calling you every five minutes bitching at you...

-Mike