ISP CALEA compliance

Joe Provo nanog-post at rsuc.gweep.net
Thu May 10 23:11:12 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 03:42:27PM -0500, Jack Bates wrote:
[snip]
> You work so hard to defend people that exploit children? Interesting. We
> are talking LEA here and not the latest in piracy law suits. The #1 request
> from a LEA in my experience concerns child exploitation.

Highly likely for most old requests.  Your voice folks can tell you the
#1 CALEA request is neither kiddie pron nor terrrists, but rather DEA.
Anyone concerned with broadband CALEA should check with their legal team
and officers to see who if anyone signed off on the securities manual
form 445 and form 105 SSI.  Dealines were in February and March, so if
your legal believes you are needing to comply, they should have already
handled the matter.

Joe

--
             RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE