Bandwidth Augmentation Triggers

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Tue May 1 22:13:28 UTC 2007

MRTG and other things will do this kind of alerting for you if I am not
mistaken.

Certainly programs like Nagios and other "network" monitors can/will.

You will find that the more customers on a link (that is, the more the
link resembles a backbone link and not a customer link) the less spikey
the traffic is in general.

Individual/end-user links may need "upgrade" far sooner than their avg
or 95th suggests. (Depending on QoS needs). The smaller the circuit, the
more so. (Small here is anything under a Gigabit/s).

Just my thoughts,

Deepak Jain
AiNET