On-going Internet Emergency and Domain Names

Kradorex Xeron admin at digibase.ca
Sat Mar 31 15:49:17 UTC 2007

On Saturday 31 March 2007 07:45, Peter Dambier wrote:
> Port 25 is bad. It has been blocked.
> Port 53 is bad. Some ISPs are already going to block it.
>
> How about port 80?
>
> I think port 80 should have been the first and only port to block.

Close one, the  will go to another, and another -- Nowadays, you'd have to
block all 65535 ports on both TCP and UDP to get anywhere,  Port blocking
isn't the answer -- It ONLY postpones the attacks and such.

What needs to be done is the ISPs allowing botnets and malware to run rampid
on their networks to be held accountable for being negligent on their network
security, Service provider abuse mailboxes should be paid more heed to, and
reports should be acted upon,

But I will relitterate, you can block all the ports you want, they (The
origins of these attacks) will just ove to the next available one.