On-going Internet Emergency and Domain Names

Mattias Ahnberg mattias at ahnberg.pp.se
Sat Mar 31 15:21:25 UTC 2007

Gadi Evron wrote:
> The real problem? Okay, I'd like your ideas than. :)

Just because one doesn't have a solution to the real
problem doesn't invalidate them from objecting to an
idea presented by someone else, you know?

Trying to "fix" DNS this way is just the wrong thing
to do, even though the goal is honorable. We'll just
end up having them do something else instead and the
attempts we've made will be in vain and will likely
have ended up with limitations to ourselves rather
than to them.

They will adapt to any change like this we would try
to do. The only real way to attempt to stop this is
lobbying for legislation, nailing people for what we
see around us and the damage they cause us and to
make it risky business rather than the piece of cake
it is today. Anything else is just a minor setback
for them, and a HUGE deal of investment and money
for "us" on top of what we already spend handling
what we're exposed to.
--
/ahnberg.