What is the correct way to get Whitelisted?

Simon Waters simonw at zynet.net
Fri Mar 30 15:01:31 UTC 2007

On Friday 30 March 2007 15:33, Wil Schultz wrote:

> Sorry of this is off topic:

Try SPAM-L, a lot of overlap between that and this group, but it exists for
these issues, NANOG doesn't (unless you are sending so much email it
adversely affects network stability).

> On another side note, if anyone has information on how to get
> whitelisted (or DeBlacklisted :-) ) from Hotmail, MSN, Earthlink,
> AOL, Yahoo!, etc feel free to email offlist...

Hotmail, and AOL, provide various feedback systems, the SPAM-L archive
discusses relative merits. The more clueful of the providers return all you
need to know in the reject message.

Ultimately if you are sending bulk email, and a significant number of the
recipients claim it is unsolicited, the big email providers are going to
block you, whether the recipients are right or wrong about the solicited
nature of the list.

Hotmail silently bitbucket email from us regularly (we have a lot of rarely
used forwards, so the little bits of spam that leak through count badly
against our email server), we've given up on Hotmail, but I think it is
possible to ask for a whitelisting.