PG&E on data centre cooling..

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Thu Mar 29 22:48:53 UTC 2007

>From the article: "San Francisco-based 365 Main has ... installed
lighting controls that automatically turn off lights..."

That's funny, I've never really noticed.
I've worked out of 365 for a while now at all hours of the day, and
it's still the brightest facility that I've ever been too. It always
seemed folly to me that they had fairly bright fluorescent lights over
all of the datacenter floor, even when nobody has badged in, when they
don't even have cameras covering a majority of every colocation room.
It's a very nice facility, but you certainly pay for it, and they have
some of the more wasteful operating practices that I've seen.

-j

--
Jonathan Lassoff
echo thejof | sed 's/^/jof@/;s/$/.com/'