Verizon was Re: Netops list

Steve Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Wed Mar 28 22:57:51 UTC 2007

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Jared Mauch wrote:

> 	I need to rewrite the code for it to kill off various "service"
> spammers.  It'd be nice if I didn't have to blacklist some lame
> french isp subnet for being infected with these owned/botted hosts.
>
> 	It may not be up to date due to this.  Perhaps i'll find some
> time in the near future to work on this instead of bowling on the wii ;)

Well, in that case, if anyone is reading from Verizon... I have serious
routing issues from a Verizon Business DSL line in Roslyn, NY to a
client's corporate office in San Diego. Lots of timeouts and horrendous
reply times, some close to 500ms. The delays all seem to be within
Verizon's network (verizon-gni.net).

Verizon Online will not open a routing ticket for me without requiring
the client to tear down their current setup just to plug a computer
directly into the DSL. A few VOL techies have confirmed that there seems
to be a routing problem, not a DSL problem (duh, the circuit is fine, they
have no issues getting to most Internet sites) but if they don't follow
the stated policy they risk getting fired.

I'm just trying to escalate to someone who won't require me to run a
battery of tests on a DSL circuit that I know to be working properly.
Getting access to the DSL modem and plugging a computer in, due to the
layout of the Roslyn location, is not practical at all.

Thanks in advance.

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California     PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.