Could it be possible to extend PPPoE Error code?

Dominic J. Eidson sauron at the-infinite.org
Mon Mar 26 23:02:26 UTC 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Hello Joe -
>
> There is a RADIUS "Reply-Message" reply attribute that can be used to send
> any message you wish in an Access-Reject. However the display of whatever is
> sent in the "Reply-Message" is up to your NAS equipment and/or connecting
> client device. In my experience there are almost no client devices that
> actually display the "Reply-Message", but as always YMMV.

It seems to me this would be something best reserved for the radius
server, not the end-user to track.

And it seems trivial to get (at least on 2 out of 3) radius servers to
have them log a line to syslog/your choice of log file upon failures,
including which of your three scenarios caused the failure..

  - d.

--
Dominic J. Eidson
                                      "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli