Possibly OT, definately humor. rDNS is to policy set by federal law.

Andrew Kirch AKirch at AllThingsIT.com
Fri Mar 16 18:22:24 UTC 2007

	We do not have any problem with SORBS.  We use SORBS entire list
with the exception of the DUL at all of our client sites.  I have worked
with Mat for years, and despite our differences with regard to DUL
lists, our relationship has always been both respectful and cordial.
This guy was talking out the wrong end of his anatomy, and Mat called
him on it.

	You can like SORBS (as I do), or not like them, that's your
choice, and I will respect all of you for it.  But a follow-up bashing
SORBS listing policies certainly went off topic if the original premise
of the post was maybe a little off topic.

	I think what we're talking about here as the larger issue is
your dog in your yard.  Your dog is free to take a crap in your yard all
it likes, but when your dog comes over to my yard and takes a crap, I
might build a fence.  I might also conscript something like Mat's
service, or Steve Lindford's service, or mine to keep my yard clean, if
that means your dog doesn't get to play in my yard... well that's just
unfortunate for you. (or in another manner of speaking, I could care
less)  And damn, I think I just equated all of my volunteer time to the
equivalent of a pooper-scooper... ooh well.

Andrew D Kirch - All Things IT
Office: 317-755-0200

Of S.
> Ryan
> Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:42 PM
> To: Steve Sobol
> Cc: Matthew Sullivan; nanog at merit.edu
> Subject: Re: Possibly OT, definately humor. rDNS is to policy set by
> federal law.
>

> Nothing is wrong with what he posted.  The guy is a moron.  However, I
> was taking my 15 min of fame to jab at SORBS policy of listing people
on
> their respective lists.  It's dysfunctional and broken, but that again
> is just my opinion.
>
> Oh and, of course publicly humiliating the guy is certainly not that
> cool.  However, while it's not really above me to do the same, he
could
> have removed the email address so spammers aren't adding to that guys
> list of problems.
>
> Anyway, don't mind me.  I just wanted to add to the off-topic drivel
Mat