A nice description of why the Internet is slow

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Wed Mar 14 22:35:45 UTC 2007

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 07:23:37AM -0500, wmaton at ottix.net wrote:
> http://www.ccs.uottawa.ca/connect/why-internet-slow.html

ironically, it took more than 2 minutes for this URL to fully render for me.

while waiting for it to pull in icons(?) or other stuff to decorate the page,
i was able to read the full text.

i suspect this is related to a packet-sniffer mandated by the UAE government
to find and stamp out skype->phone sessions and other VoIP type activities,
while not interfereing with Skype->Skype and other P2P activities.

the article fails to mention delays that are introduced when Homeland Security
mandates that everyone going in and out of Quickie-Mart needs to be strip
searched looking for weapons of mass destruction.

--
[ Jim Mercer        jim at reptiles.org        +971 50 436-3874 ]
[          I want to live forever, or die trying.            ]