[funsec] Not so fast, broadband providers tell big users (fwd)

Chris L. Morrow christopher.morrow at verizonbusiness.com
Wed Mar 14 02:07:16 UTC 2007

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Scott Weeks wrote:

> --- christopher.morrow at verizonbusiness.com wrote:

> > For us in Hawaii IPTV will drive that.
>
>> for the service from the provider, or from remote places (example
>> google-tv which may or may-not exist, just an example of 'not $TELCO')
>
> For service from the provider to the customer, but the bits will still
> goto the user.  We also have the 'remote places' problem.  For example:
> www.hawaiiweb.com/maui/html/sites/kaupo.html but for the most part
> population-wise we'll get to the folks homes and workplaces.

Right, so because $TELCO wants to make more $$ from their customer they
enable slightly more BW from PE to CE, they may provision more backbone
capacity, peering capacity, or they may not. They may docsis/other-method
their service into a protected piece of that PE/CE pipe, they may not...
But if not for the '$TELCO wants to make more $$ from their customer'
status quo would be maintained on the PE/CE link, yes?