[funsec] Not so fast, broadband providers tell big users (fwd)

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Wed Mar 14 01:58:06 UTC 2007

--- christopher.morrow at verizonbusiness.com wrote:
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Scott Weeks wrote:
> > On Mar 13, 2007, at 8:17 AM, Chris L. Morrow wrote:
> >
> > > what business drivers are there to put more bits on the wire to
> > > the end user?
>
> For us in Hawaii IPTV will drive that.

for the service from the provider, or from remote places (example
google-tv which may or may-not exist, just an example of 'not $TELCO')

For service from the provider to the customer, but the bits will still goto the user.  We also have the 'remote places' problem.  For example: www.hawaiiweb.com/maui/html/sites/kaupo.html but for the most part population-wise we'll get to the folks homes and workplaces.

scott