[funsec] Not so fast, broadband providers tell big users (fwd)

Todd Vierling tv at pobox.com
Tue Mar 13 15:11:59 UTC 2007

On 3/13/07, Gadi Evron <ge at linuxbox.org> wrote:
> On funsec we have had a discussion on broadband providers and bandwidth
> limitations, pretty much what we rehearsed here.

Critical mass is approaching.  There's only so long that North
American consumers can be held back from bandwidth-hogging
applications and downloads while parts of the world have long since
upgraded to 10Mbit/s bidirectional (and beyond) consumer-grade access
speeds.

Both cable and DSL providers are about to have a very loud wake-up
call, and from here, I see absolutely zero uptake of newer technology
and infrastructure to offset the inevitable.