ICANN registrar supporting v6 glue?

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Sat Jun 30 00:38:16 UTC 2007

Because we have designed IPv6 with the view of a smooth transition AND
co-existence, and that means dual-stack, at least in the end-sites.
Otherwise is not *smooth* anymore, and you will find troubles, it is just a
matter of time they will get resolved, of course.

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Pete Templin <petelists at templin.org>
> Responder a: <petelists at templin.org>
> Fecha: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 19:14:30 -0500
> Para: <jordi.palet at consulintel.es>
> CC: <nanog at nanog.org>
> Asunto: Re: ICANN registrar supporting v6 glue?
>
> JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
>> My view is that deploying only IPv6 in the LANs is the wrong approach in the
>> short term, unless you're sure that all your applications are ready, or you
>> have translation tools (that often are ugly), and you're disconnected from
>> the rest of the IPv4 Internet.
>
> You're entitled to your view.
>
>>> De: Barrett Lyon <blyon at blyon.com>
>>> Responder a: <blyon at blyon.com>
>>> CC: <nanog at merit.edu>

>>> Thanks Jordi, not to sound too brash but, I'm already doing so.  I am
>>> trying not to deploy a hacked v6 service which requires an incumbent
>>> legacy protocol to work.
>
> As said by others, the core infrastructure really should be ready for
> v6-only.  Why should it be so hard?
>
> pt

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !