ICANN registrar supporting v6 glue?

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Fri Jun 29 16:09:53 UTC 2007

If you deploy dual-stack, it is much easier to keep doing the DNS queries
using IPv4 transport, and there is not any practical advantage in doing so
with IPv6 transport.

Of course, is nice to have IPv6 support in as many DNS infrastructure pieces
as possible, and a good signal to the market. Many TLDs already do, and the
root servers are moving also in that direction. Hopefully then the rest of
the folks involved in DNS move on.

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Barrett Lyon <blyon at blyon.com>
> Responder a: <owner-nanog at merit.edu>
> Fecha: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:54:03 -0700
> Para: <nanog at merit.edu>
> Asunto: ICANN registrar supporting v6 glue?
>

> Apparently GoDaddy does not support v6 glue for their customers, who
> does?  I don't think requiring dual-stack v6 users perform v4 queries
> to find AAAA records is all that great.
>
> Any input would be helpful,
>
> -Barrett

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org