Quarantining infected hosts (Was: FBI tells the public to call their ISP for help)

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:22:03 UTC 2007

On 6/18/07, Sean Donelan <sean at donelan.com> wrote:
> The great thing about opinions is everyone has one.
> See also
> http://www.maawg.org/port25

MAAWG's port 25 management document is kind of based on consensus. Joe
is a senior tech advisor at MAAWG. contributed substantially to that
document .. and those two presentations were made at a maawg (san
diego in 2005 if I remember right) so ..

> The best answer is probably paying for a strong ISP abuse team.  But for
> whatever reasons, some ISPs prefer to invest in other areas.

Bah. Not to underrate having a strong and clued abuse team. However,
throwing more people at this is a non starter.  You need to automate.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)