FBI tells the public to call their ISP for help

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Sat Jun 16 13:07:39 UTC 2007

In article <20070615141750.22A0E4B6 at resin11.mta.everyone.net>, Scott
Weeks <surfer at mauigateway.com> writes
>If Joe Sixpack has a Mac, calls his ISP for help, is told the ISP only
>supports Micro$loth, asks for escalation and can't get that (or even
>doesn't ask for escalation) I would think Joe would move to another
>ISP.  Thus my earlier statement that the ISP which does this
>we-support-Micro$loth-only crazyness is doomed to failure.

No, they are only doomed to service the 90% (or whatever) of the market
that is running that particular software.

I'm surprised no-one has said it's largely a training issue: you can
have people on the helpline who are experienced at talking customers
through issues on a well know and well understood (warts and all)
platform, but when the customer is using something with minority market
penetration it gets really difficult really quickly.
--
Roland Perry