FBI tells the public to call their ISP for help

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Fri Jun 15 20:54:42 UTC 2007

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:42:04 -0700
"Scott Weeks" <surfer at mauigateway.com> wrote:
> You're kidding, right?  Have you ever called an ISP to report a
> technical problem that has nothing to do with your computer or even
> your connection to them, say a reverse DNS issue?  If you tell them
> that you run Unix they just ask you to run IE anyway.  If you don't run
> Windows they won't help you.  That's a pretty clear message.
>
> No I've never heard of that except, possibly, from non-clued phone monkeys.  It's easy to get past them to more clued folks, though...

For anyone on this list I'm sure but the fact is that the great
unwashed are told that only Windows is supported.  In fact it's
probably a factor in why we often tell friends to just use WinBlows so
that someone else can support them.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves