24x7 Support Strategies

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Jun 14 23:05:05 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 23:45 +0100, michael.dillon at bt.com wrote:

> When the university education system reached the form that it has today,
> they tried to weed out this type of person by requiring a doctoral
> candidate to pass through the gauntlet of oral exams in front of a panel
> of recognized experts in the field. Certification programs don't include
> that step so we must do it ourselves at job interview time.

The CCIE Lab used to be like an oral exam.  Two days, pretty much
one-on-one with two proctors.  There were four guys in the facility when
I took the lab, and I didn't see them at all other than the 30 minute
orientation to the lab and for an hour at supper (supervised by the
proctors).  I understand it has shrunk significantly now.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
Austin Energy