Network Level Content Blocking (UK)

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Thu Jun 7 20:40:20 UTC 2007

On 7-jun-2007, at 22:05, Sean Donelan wrote:

>> That's a cool way to implement monitoring of traffic towards
>> random parts of the internet.

> There are much easier, cheaper ways to do that.

Easier and cheaper? Can't think of any... This method nicely gets
around the need to tap and process numerous (10) gigabit links, which
isn't particularly easy and certainly not all that cheap.

Interestingly, nobody has mentioned on the list what the offending
content is yet. Or why this would even remotely be a good idea. I
would think that if the content in question is legal, ISPs and the
government shouldn't touch it, and if it isn't, law enforcement
should do something about it.