Content provider plans

Bill Stewart nonobvious at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 22:21:20 UTC 2007

On 5/30/07, Michal Krsek <michal at krsek.cz> wrote:
> Few weeks ago I had interesting discussion with *unnamed* Google VIP. His
> answer has been:
> "Google engineers doesn't see need to spend money on building IPv6 infrastructure.
> You, as user, can motivate them by sending request supporting this idea."

I see three main ways Google might use IPv6 infrastructure
-- Using IPv6 for scanning IPv6-distributed web pages, at least for
IPv6only pages
-- Accepting search requests over IPv6 http for users who want that
-- Glue, internal applications, etc.

The first application is probably the most important - if there's
(ostensibly, at least) content on the web that's only available via
IPv6, they may still want it (though IPv4-only search engine users may
not be able to get it except via Google's cache.)  Internal
applications might benefit from IPv6, but there's probably enough room
in IPv4 10.0.0.0/8 for Google, at least for a while.  IPv6 web users
will need IPv6-to-IPv4 gateways for a while...
----
             Thanks;     Bill

Note that this isn't my regular email account - It's still experimental so far.
And Google probably logs and indexes everything you send it.