Providers that carry IPv6

Carlos Friacas cfriacas at fccn.pt
Tue Jun 5 07:12:32 UTC 2007

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007, Krichbaum, Eric wrote:

> I saw this question a while ago but no (maybe one) answers.  Who does
> have IPv6 in production today.  Of the fixedorbit.com top ten for
> example?
>
> 701 (MCI) - ?
> 7018 (AT&T) - ?
> 1239 (Sprint) - ?
> 174 (Cogent) - No.
> 3356 (Level3) - ?
> 209 (Qwest) - No.
> 3549 (Global Crossing) - ?
> 4323 (Time Warner Telecom) - ?
> 6461 (Abovenet) - ?
> 7132 (SBC) - ?
>
> Is there anyone out that would supply an ISP with a tunnel to v6 routes?
>
> Eric Krichbaum, PhD
> Director, Retail Network Engineering
> Citynet
> 113 Platinum Drive, Suite B
> Bridgeport WV 26330
> Support: 800-881-2638
> Fax: 304-848-5410
> www.citynet.net

Hi,

This might change things a bit..... (not immediately, of course...)

5 Telcoms Win GSA Contract

http://www.photonics.com/content/news/2007/June/1/87860.aspx

WASHINGTON, June 1, 2007 -- AT&T, Level 3, MCI, Qwest and Sprint were
awarded telecommunications contracts worth up to $20 billion over 10 years
by the US General Services Administration (GSA), the agency announced
Thursday.

Cheers,

Carlos Friac,as                                            See:
Wide Area Network Working Group (WAN)                      www.gigapix.pt
FCCN - Fundacao para a Computacao Cientifica Nacional      www.ipv6.eu
Av. do Brasil, n.101                                       www.6diss.org
1700-066 Lisboa, Portugal, Europe                          www.geant2.net
Tel: +351 218440100 Fax: +351 218472167
www.fccn.pt
       The end is near........ see http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4
  "Internet is just routes (217118/774), naming (billions) and... people!"

Aviso de Confidencialidade
Esta mensagem e' exclusivamente destinada ao seu destinatario, podendo
conter informacao CONFIDENCIAL, cuja divulgacao esta' expressamente
vedada nos termos da lei. Caso tenha recepcionado indevidamente esta
mensagem, solicitamos-lhe que nos comunique esse mesmo facto por esta
via ou para o telefone +351 218440100 devendo apagar o seu conteudo
de imediato.

Warning
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee.
It may contain CONFIDENTIAL information protected by law. If this
message has been received by error, please notify us via e-mail or by
telephone +351 218440100 and delete it immediately.