IPv6 transition work was RE: NANOG 40 agenda posted

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Mon Jun 4 07:04:12 UTC 2007

This is one of the ways some load-balancer vendors do IPv6 today. They still
talk IPv4 to the servers, so you don't need to modify anything, just add an
AAAA managed by the load balancer. It is a kind of combination between
NAT-PT and load-balancer.

Regards,
Jordi

> De: matthew zeier <mrz at velvet.org>
> Responder a: <owner-nanog at merit.edu>
> Fecha: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 22:58:37 -0700
> Para: John Curran <jcurran at mail.com>
> CC: Igor Gashinsky <igor at gashinsky.net>, <nanog at merit.edu>
> Asunto: Re: IPv6 transition work was RE: NANOG 40 agenda posted
>

> John Curran wrote:
>
>> Best of luck with it; load-balancers aren't generally hiding
>> in ISP's backbones and it hasn't been major revenue for
>> the traditional router crowd.   Net result is there hasn't
>> been much IPv6 attention in that market...
>
> I suppose, but certain places like Mozilla, would be dead in the water
> without load balancers.  Citrix got their act together and shipped 8.0
> with v6 vips on the front talking to v4 servers on the backend.
>
> Rock on Citrix.

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !
http://www.ipv6day.org