Routing public traffic across county boundaries in Europe

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Fri Jul 27 17:35:18 UTC 2007

On July 27, 2007 at 06:14 lionel at mamane.lu (Lionel Elie Mamane) wrote:

 > Also, I've heard that Canada had (maybe still has) this legislation
 > forbidding you to route intra-Canadian *telephone* traffic through
 > another country. Something about else nobody would build a
 > intercontinental coast-to-coast Canadian network, would just send
 > long-distance traffic to the USA, go to other coast and send it back
 > to Canada and being this dependent on a foreign country, that's bad.

OTOH, the spirit of the Bretton Woods conferences at the end of WWII
on preventing a repeat was that such critical industrial
interdependencies were fundamental to dissuading nations from going to
war on one another. So far the idea has worked pretty well, exceptions
excepted.

Obviously YMMV.

--
        -Barry Shein

Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Login: Nationwide