Level3 / Qwest routing issues earlier today?

Chris Riling criling at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 20:19:12 UTC 2007

Hi Guys,

     Was anyone else seeing anything weird going on today? I have an OC-3 to
Qwest, and another OC-3 to Level3, (among 2 others to different providers)
and when all was well, I was receiving a little over 221,000 prefixes from
L3. Then, intermittently I would start losing prefixes from L3 and it would
get down to a little over 220,000. When this happened, I noticed I was
having intermittent connectivity issues (atleast to one IP I was trying to
get to). Doing a traceroute during the "outage" the packets would hit
Qwest's network, then L3's, then drop, or sometimes not. I have since admin
downed my BGP peer to L3 and everything  has stabilized, but I was wondering
if anyone else saw anything going on?

Thanks,
Chris