Routing public traffic across county boundaries in Europe

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Thu Jul 26 17:55:19 UTC 2007

--- andy.loukes at thecloud.net wrote:

What (if any) are the legal implications of taking internet destined
traffic in one country and egressing it in another (with an ip block
correctly marked for the correct country).

Somebody mentioned to me the other day that they thought the Dutch
government didn't allow an ISP to take internet traffic from a Dutch
citizen and egress in another country because it makes it easy for the
local country to snoop.

That's funny.  I've always thought of the internet as a global, borderless entity where ideas and information are shared without restraint.  Perhaps it's time to whap the gov't with a clue bat?

scott